FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 1, 2020
Contact: Andrew Renteria
NEW Valadao for Congress ad highlights Corrupt TJ Cox’s history of self-interest, unpaid taxes
Hanford, CA – Today, David Valadao for Congress released its second ad of the 2020 campaign highlighting the clear choice facing voters this November. Corrupt Congressman TJ Cox has spent his time in Congress plagued by scandal and hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid taxes. Worse, he has used his vote in Congress to protect himself, not his constituents. David Valadao has always put the Central Valley first, whether it is water, health care, or immigration. Voters know David will work with Democrats and Republicans to do what is right for the Valley, not himself.
VO: TJ Cox only looks out for himself.
Then the IRS filed a $145,000 lien against him for unpaid taxes, Cox used his office to keep it hidden from voters.
TJ Cox abused his power and violated our trust.
But David Valadao is on our side.
David Valadao: I was ranked as one of the most bipartisan members of Congress.
And I worked with Democrats and Republicans to bring water and better health care to the Central Valley.
I’m David Valadao and I approve this message.
- Valadao earns “Problem Solver Seal of Approval” for bipartisan work in Congress (http://www.mylemooreleader.com/142071)
- The Lugar Ceter – McCourt School of Bipartisan Index (https://www.thelugarcenter.org/ourwork-53.html)
- Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation (WIIN) Act (https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/612/text)
- R.1892 – Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 (https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1892/text)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Reauthorization (https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/195)
- Medicare Access (Doc Fix) and CHIP Reauthorization (https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2)
- California congressman owes $145,000 in unpaid income tax, according to new IRS lien (https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article240273921.html)
- CA Dem Who Owes $145,000 in Back Taxes Blocks Tax Lien Disclosure Bill (https://freebeacon.com/politics/ca-dem-who-owes-145000-in-back-taxes-blocks-tax-lien-disclosure-bill/)
- California Democrat Divests From Canadian Mining Company (https://news.bloombergenvironment.com/environment-and-energy/california-democrat-divests-from-canadian-mining-company)
David G. Valadao represented the 21st Congressional District from 2013-2019, which includes Kings County and portions of Fresno, Tulare, and Kern Counties.